We had a funeral for Henry on December 29th, over 200 people showed up to celebrate his life. On August 8th, we buried his ashes on Cannon Beach.

That's it. That's the story of Henry. He lived a short amount of time, but had a lot happen in that short time. I tried to be as complete as I could, but I know I've missed some details. As you grow up, you will ask more questions, and we will have more answers for you.

I've said this before, but Owen, you are the reason dad and I survived this. You helped us to have reason to get up the mornings we didn't want to. You have a perfect way of being funny and sweet when we need it. Snuggling you gives me strength.  You are an amazing kid who has been through a lot too.

I hope you know how much you are loved. How much Henry loved you. And how lucky you both were to have each other as brothers. You will always be Henry's big brother, even if you don't get to grow up with him.  I hope you always remember him, even if it's through pictures and this story.

I love you. Always and Forever,
To the moon... and back,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment